Below is a list of useful contacts for various groups
- If you are shielding at home due to higher risk of severe illnessfrom coronavirus, register for the SMS Shielding service - send text from your mobile phone to 0786 006 4525. The text you send should only include your CHI number.
Council resilience centres
Five Council resilience centres have been established across the city. These are not open to the general public. Customers are asked to attend in person only if it is critical and you are experiencing homelessness, experiencing serious or significant harassment or collecting an agreed cash payment. The centres are located in:
- Wester Hailes - South West Locality Office, 10 Westside Plaza, EH14 2SP
- West Pilton Gardens – North West Locality Office, 8 West Pilton Gdns, EH4 4DP
- Captain's Road - South East Locality Office, 40 Captain’s Rd, EH17 8QF
- Craigmillar - North East Locality Office, 101 Niddrie Mains Road, EH16 4DS
- Leith - Criminal Justice/ Social Work Centre, Newkirkgate Shopping Centre Units C&D, Newkirkgate Shopping Centre, Edinburgh EH6 6AD
All the centres operate 10am to 4pm, except Craigmillar which operates 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Thurs and 8:30am to 4pm Friday.
- Day and night, you can call us on 0131 200 2000 for support if you become homeless or need urgent help to find a safe place to stay.
- We’re here to help you with our street-based outreach partners Streetwork, who are working across the city to speak to you and support you if you are rough sleeping.
- If you are facing a homelessness emergency, we will do everything we can to help you, including the option of meeting you face to face at one of our critical resilience centres above.
- If your concern is not an emergency, email us for support and advice:
Customer contact centre
To help with the efforts to limit the spread of coronavirus, we’re providing critical services and support only in our contact centre. This means we’ll be running an essential and emergency phone service to help our most vulnerable residents.
- Use our online services: please make use our online serviceswherever possible to request it, report it or pay it.
- Emergency situations: Support for those most at risk and hardest hit by the coronavirus outbreak will be prioritised in all circumstances. If you’re experiencing an emergency or critical situation, please phone 0131 200 2000. Please only phone if the issue is urgent. Otherwise, if the service you wish to access isn’t available on our website, please email us and we’ll deal with your enquiry as soon as possible. You’ll find email addresses for our services below.
Council Tax, benefits and welfare
- You can find guidance in our Council Tax, benefits and welfare FAQs.
- Due to the overwhelming demand we are continuing to support telephone contact, however, due to significantly reduced resources in our contact centre, our Council Tax and Benefits phone line will now be open Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 10am to 3pm.
- If you need debt or welfare advice, you can contact our advice shop.
Council house repairs
- For a short period of time, we are only able to carry out critical responsive repairsin Council homes. We have made this decision because it’s vital that we do everything we can to prevent the spread of coronavirus while at the same time we look after vulnerable people, protect staff from harm and maintain, as far as possible, essential services.
- Critical responsive repairswill be carried out where there is a serious risk to health and safety, a serious risk to the structure of your home and/or your home is not secure.
- To report an emergency repair please call 0131 200 2345.Please only report emergencies on this number – this will allow us to prioritise the most urgent repairs for our most vulnerable tenants.
Waste and environmental services
- We’re working hard to keep our bin services running and have put plans in place to allow us to continue to run collections. Staff shortages mean that we need to prioritise some collections and there will be changes to your collections and our street cleaning services, including some services running late. Find out more about out waste and recycling service.
- Please only phone us if the issue is dangerous and a threat to public safety 0131 200 2000.
Support for third sector/voluntary groups to apply for funding