City Plan 2030
We are now preparing the proposed City Plan 2030. The timetable for preparing the plan and how you can get involved in the next stage of the process is set out in our new Development Plan Scheme.
As set out in the DPS, a proposed plan is now expected to be presented to committee in February/March 2020.
You can view the new Development Plan Scheme on our website.
Period of Representations
Following publication of the proposed plan, the next stage of the plan preparation process allows for comment on the proposed Plan, this is called the period of representations. Representations can be submitted to the proposed plan, either supporting or seeking change to the policies and proposals set out in the plan.
The impact of the current health emergency on the period of representations to the proposed plan is not known at this stage. It is not known if social distancing and/or lockdown measures will be still in place in 2021 to enable traditional, in person, engagement to go ahead.
However, if possible, some, or all, of the following activities will be used to raise awareness and encourage people to have their say on the proposed plan:
- Launch of proposed plan
- Publicity to raise awareness of proposed plan
Statutory neighbour notification
- Notification to those groups and individuals on the project mailing list telling them how to comment
- Staffed exhibitions in public places to raise awareness, if possible
Drop-in sessions to allow opportunity to find out more about consultation proposals, if possible;
- Best practice online/digital engagement (as guided by the Scottish Government’s digital planning programme) which could include virtual exhibitions, a planning engagement hub, webinars and online events, and
- Non-digital engagement - including opportunities to ask informal questions, telephone surgeries, printed newsletters, hard copies of documents, paper letters and engagement via other council services.
An update to the Development Plan Scheme will be provided at the time of publishing the proposed plan with the full details on how you can submit a representation to the proposed plan.
In the meantime, you can keep up to date with the City Plan Project by
- subscribing to our blog
- following us on twitter at @planningedin
- joining in the conversation by using the #cityplan2030 hashtag.